Nobody at Rio wears a suit, up to and including the president.
I'm not sure why I have to clarify this, but "suit" is more of a euphamism for whoever would be responsible for shitcanning the project at such a time that it wasn't deemed profitable. I know managers are human too, but you'll have to pardon me if I have an irrational fear of projects suddenly being abandoned -- I've just seen it happen too many times, in my own work, and with other products I've purchased.
I'd love to explain exactly where the stability issues are coming from but unfortunately I can't.
Just so we're clear, I wasn't fishing for you or anyone else to comment on these problems. I am sure you're not happy with them either, and I wasn't looking to beat you or anyone else up for them. My main reason for posting this was to put some closure on my initial comments about the Karma, and let anyone who might be thinking about buying one know that it's not really ready for prime time yet. But it sounds like it's getting there (at least from the stability point of view) and that's good. It sounds like 1.14 has really improved on a lot of the reboot problems. Hopefully the other stability problems (spontaneous pauses, complete player lockups, etc.) are also being addressed. Hopefully the other things I mentioned (UI problems, etc.) will be looked at once the player is rock solid. I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for future improvements, and hopefully will have good reason in the future to reconsider my stance on the Karma.