Anyone who runs IE 5.5 or higher and loves Google as much as I do should go get the Google Deskbar. It's a little desktop toolbar that lets you search Google. That's nothing new, but it's got a lot of novel features. For one, it lets you view and browse search results in a little "mini viewer" which is very handy. It also lets you define custom searches on non-Google databases. For instance, I added the empeg bbs to my custom search list, and now I can click on the Google deskbar, type in a search query, hit Ctrl-E ("empeg") and it'll search this BBS. Mozilla has kinda had this functionality for awhile, but for my use, this is much easier. You can choose to keep browsing in the little mini-viewer, or you can have your search results fire up a browser window (probably a better idea since the mini-viewer is, well, mini.)

Still a couple quirks I'd like ironed out (the search button is always underneath the search box, I'd rather have it to the right like it is on the Google Toolbar) but this is definitely a keeper. Check it out.

BTW, the URL specification for searching the BBS as a custom database is:

http://empeg.comms.net/php/dosearch.php?Cat=&Forum=All_Forums&Words={1}&Match=And&Limit=100&Old=allposts

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with Google in any way. Though if they were hiring....