In reply to:

I'm guessing by the end of your post you realized that this is fixed and is now an undocumented feature But then just about everything in jEmplode is undocumented

But wait, it isn't really fixed, but you put in a workaround, right?

In reply to:

Sorry ... The best docs are searching for topics on the forum. There's never been a jEmplode documentation project, and it would bore me to death, so there probably never will be.

Truly understandable. Then again, sometimes I like writing docs. Usually I don't.

In reply to:

I don't know that you should necessarily use RMML if you're happy with RMM, though in some ways it is more similar to jEmplode.

Well, I'm sort of happy. I can delete playlists from my Karma and then drag in my nightly iTunes playlist builds and Karma picks up the relevant files. However, I want delicious and flavorful soup. When the blurbs said "dynamic playlists" I crossed my fingers and hoped for soups (although at the time I didn't know it was soup that I wanted), but I was let down.

In reply to:

The primary difference is that jEmplode/RMML don't maintain a local database of music. It's entire reason for being is managing the music on your player, not on your hard drive.

Ah ha! So the real answer is that jEmplode really cannot and will not do it all - it won't keep track of a large master collection and parcel out cool music to my teeny tiny Karma as needed.

In reply to:

Not really .. Soups aren't sync profiles, rather they are dynamic playlists.

I've been trying to decide what, exactly, I want to request as features. Sync profiles are apparently something that should go on my list somewhere. What will I do with that list? Perhaps I will post it somewhere.

In reply to:

Note that soups are entirely done on the client, not on the Karma. So if you stop using jEmplode, they will no longer update ... It's just some magic that is done when you add tunes through jEmplode.

That doesn't worry me since one can't edit tags on the Karma itself.

In reply to:

I could technically extend my soup fix to support arbitrary additional tags, though without too much pain. I may do that, actually. Same deal though, it would only work in jEmplode, not in RMM (though it would in RMML since they share the same codebase).

I'm curious to know what is going on under the hood there, but I can wait to build up a little more context.

Oh yeah, I have had better luck syncing with jEmplode since I installed a different jvm from the one that came bundled with the installer. I upgraded my firmware, too, but that didn't seem to help as much. In any case I was still able to lock my Karma in transfer mode a few times. My Karma does not seem to like custom tags or Wendy flags.

I think that I did correctly sync a nested playlist, and it was still there when I ran jEmplode again. I think.

Sorry for rambling on and on. It's a new toy- I'm still excited.