I 'm having a problem with the FTP client I use to download stuff off the player where it no longer lists all the files and directories with a directory listing. I haven't changed any settings in my client, and a couple of days ago it worked fine, but I have done some emploding new tunes on and also upgrading hijack (from 344 to 346, and when I noticed the problem..to 347).

When I try to connect via my normal client (FTP Voyager) it hangs on initial directory listing. So I tried using Windows command-line client...log in, ask for a directory listing and it only shows me a couple of the items that should be there. It's only listing "sbin", "swapfile", "index.html", and "fidsift.sh"

I can "cd" into other directories, like drive0, but I get nothing there with a directory listing.

The strange thing is, IE works fine to browse via FTP, but IE makes for a lousy FTP client and won't work for my purposes. I'm not trying to move one or two files here, but many files from the player to my workstation, and I can't do that unless I (or my client, rather) can get a directory listing of them.

So if it works in IE, is it a client issue? If it's a client issue, why did it work until very recently, and why doesn't command-line work any better? What would cause a dir listing in root to show some of the entries, but not all?