I installed alpha3 a while back and have tried to get emphatic working a couple of times in the car but with no results. Hijack has it as an option, but when I choose it nothing seems to happen. Then, I press the knob to get the menu and all I get is the menu border. Pressing again gets the Hijack menu but without emphatic.

So, tonight I figure I'll have a proper play, check the config, check it's on the player etc. Whilst I have come across some interesting Hijack options that I didn't know about before I haven't actually turned anything up except I had EXEC set instead of EXEC_ONCE when loading the app.

Anyway, I've rebooted and tried again. Same thing so I've tried getting into Hijack again and something different has occurred.

A long time ago, I don't know how I did but I was sure I'd done it, I managed to get emphatic to come up with it's name across the screen in crazy writing and then a scrolling image of people and names. Couldn't get it again and started to think I had imagined it. But no, I've got it again, only the menu frame is in the foreground and this is scrolling past very fast in the background.

Oooh, it's changed to the next track, I'm now in track mode and the bottom left of the display still shows the scrolling image but 2 pixels high and 4 pixels wide. If I change the info mode it is still doing it. If I press the knob again I'm back to madly scrolling images. It's going too fast to see but it loooks like either a cartoony skeleton or Homer Simpson (or both?).

Technical stuff: I got a Mk2 running v3a3 developer - Hijack 347. My config looks like this:

[hijack]
;@EXEC_ONCE /usr/local/bin/emphatic -m 2 -f 1
;@exec_once /usr/local/bin/empegVNC
;disable_bassboost_FM=1
volume_boost_FM=5
volume_boost_AM=5
;volume_boost_AUX=0

I know some of that works cos VNC is working.

The question: What's all that about then?

2x80GB Mk II with Illuminated buttons