I wouldn't be surprised if the S2K is similar - because they copied many aspects of the car (except the charm). ;-)

Interesting. I've been following its progress since before it went into production, have read damn near every automotive journalist's impressions of the car, and nowhere have I seen ANY reference to similarities in styling between the two cars.

(or were you baiting Honda fanatics? )

Actually, no...thats not entirely true. I think I read somewhere once that sufficient doses of crack cocaine can lead the TT driver to see the similarity between his car and an S2000, a Hummer, and a Dodge Aries K.

The funnier, and more likely misconception, is that of Miata drivers who, although having the most visually similar roadster to the S2000 (blasphemy, ultimately) failed to notice that in roadster comparisons, very early on in the articles it is clearly indicated that the Miata is not even worth including with the lineup of S2000s, Z3s, TTs, Boxsters, etc. -- and will delude themselves into thinking the S2000 is in their class.

I will give credit for Mazda for having kept the torch lit for that market segment.

The TT is a work of art, don't get me wrong.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --
MK2 #141, green, 12GB

Edited by Fogduck on 12/11/00 07:26 PM.

- - - MK2 #141 12GB Queue #5723 (SOLD) MK2a 30GB + grn + tuner + blk empeg case