Quote:
Quote:
So did you ever get anywhere with this? I'm sort of tempted to put daapd on my empeg but if you already have (mostly) done work I see no reason to duplicate it.

Nope sorry, never got a chance to look at it again. If you feel motivated to work on it, I wouldn't wait for me. I don't have the code from the first time I tried to get it working and daapd has changed a lot since then anyway.

Well, you guys talked me into it I guess. I got mt-daapd to compile (pretty straightforward) and made a few tweaks to get it to deal with the empeg's file system layouts rather than expecting everything to end in .mp3. You definitely need an empeg with extra memory to run this and the player at the same time. My 32Meg player seems to be pretty happy sharing about 30 gigs over daapd with the player running and a reservecache of 120, but sharing 60 gigs (both drives) seems to pretty much kill it.

At the moment you must have a drive mounted read-write for daapd's database file at all times. I'd like to see if I can do anything about that before I post it. Give me a day or two.

-Mike

Edited by mcomb (23/09/2005 01:14)