Okay, maybe "historic" is getting too dramatic , but Jan. 1st, 2004 at 9pm EST, I will be "net" DJing at WOTR (www.wayoutthere.net) until 12am by streaming off of my empeg! I don't quite have Paul's collection, but I'll have 140GB of tunes ready for anyone that has any requests.

I'm using CharcoalGray99's web interface to queue music to Winamp 2.91 then I'm using Shoutcast to stream to the server. So the music get streamed from the empeg in my living room to yours! I've tested it over the last few days during my audition with the station and it worked without a hitch.

So anyway, I thought it'd be fun to share with you guys. Wouldn't be possible without my empeg, HiJack and CharcoalGrey!

Brad

Off Topic: WOTR was started to serve the members of There.com (the mass player, virtual world that is a blast to play). But I'm looking forward to being able to share music with my friends that live too far away to go to any of the parties that I play music at. If any of you are interested in trying out There.com, you need to "apply" and wait a few weeks to get in. If you want to get in quicker, you need someone to "refer" you and then that person gets some "virtual money" if you end up paying for the service. If anyone here wants to sign up, my ID is "B_R_A_D" and I'll give you whatever T$ they pass my way. RiCiN was on once, and it'd be nice to get some other empegers in There!