Okay, fine. Would you have posted on this board about your Karma if it was working right? The fact that you were a previous member of this board and didn't until it broke indicates that you wouldn't. (I take it back. You did ask about an Ogg converter first, before making some complaints.) Most people are like that. While it may be hyperbole to say that ``you only ever see the people who are having trouble'', it's well based in the truth.

You also seem to be claiming that the hard drive is not the culprit -- that it is the fault of the firmware or hardware design. If that were the case, wouldn't you expect to see hundreds of posts claiming that their Karmas have failed? How many have you seen? (I don't read the Riovolution board, so it may be that many, but I doubt it.) Instead, the boards are ``brimming'' with people whose Karmas are working properly. The ratio of complainers to defenders seems to be pretty high. Given that most people who have correctly functioning Karmas aren't going to post, the actual ratio is bound to be much higher than that.

I'm not saying that it's not your right to be angry or that it's not your right to have gotten a sour taste from the Karma. That's human nature. It's not even inherently wrong to discourage people from buying what you've concluded is an inferior product. But that doesn't make it a logical conclusion, either.

Edited by wfaulk (14/01/2004 13:00)