...a very good choice indeed. MB Quart speakers are second to none.

I concur -- for the most part, that is.

MB Quart speakers dominate IASCA competition, particularly at the national level. I use almost all MB Quart in my competition car, but I do not use MB Quart subwoofers. They are great quality speakers, but produce a darker, heavier, "boomier" sound than I care for. I hear they're great for SPL, though.

HighWayDrifter has good things to say about Diamond brand speakers (they're even pricier than MB Quart!) and my stereo installer says they are great for sound quality, but... (and here's a little aside that HWD will find interesting) they're not so good in Alaska. My installer said that their construction was not suitable for extreme cold, something about leads being glued to the speaker cones (must be for co-axial speakers?) and the glue failed in subzero temperatures. A stereo shop in Anchorage had 100% failure rate and had to stop selling them. This would only happen in extraordinary (by normal standards) weather conditions.

pgrzelak (did I remember how to spell that?) -- what differences have you noticed in your sound now that you have upgraded to the MB Quart speakers? I think you said you put in a 12" subwoofer (was it a Kicker?) -- are you happy with that? Would you perhaps prefer the "tighter" sound of a 10"?

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"