Hmm. I am using USB and v1.01 but never really got much over 9 or 10 files at a time.

To be honest, it isn't much of a problem any more because I now have the bulk of my files on the player. Now I only update approx once a week, and its usually only 5 or 6 files at a time. I don't usually copy over an entire CD since I rarely listen to a CD front to back, I only copy over the singles that I want to hear. I only have a few CDs that I listen to all the way.

The problem was when emplode was 'preparing the file' to be copied - just before it actually copied.. at least nine times out of ten. Once or twice it locked up on me while updating the database after files were copied. Fortunately for me the software was smart enough to let me end the task and reboot without any corruption of the database.

I know that lockups are not part of the design and that everyone's system is different. It very well could be because of some program that I have running in the background although I turned off just about everything. It could be because of some piece of software that I have installed that other users do not. Who knows why.

Carl

080000506 12gb-green