I find it hard to believe the empeg could have fried another head unit; head units (and the empeg itself) are protected against almost everything as car electrics do nasty things (like -100 volt pulses, etc). Your empeg acting totally dead is a symptom of the ground fuse (non-resettable unlike the power fuse) blowing - we just fix this and all will be well.

Fried was a probably a poor word choice. But if an internal, non-user servicable part is damaged in my head unit then it's effectively dead to me. Unless you think I could be instructed on how to locate and replace a ground fuse. I'm not adverse to opening it up.

Check the fuse in the other head unit's wiring harness, in the car fusebox (there's usually a separate feed for the radio), and check the ground wire going to the radio is *really* ground. I can't tell until I look at your empeg, but the loose wire may have put a lot of current through ground/power and blown a fuse somewhere.

I've checked all of the fuses in the vehicle's fuse box as well as the fuse on the head unit itself. They all appear to be intact. The ground wire is from the vehicle's factory wiring so I'd assume that it is a real ground but I don't know how to confirm that.

What I haven't done is confirm that the battery/ignition wires are still live. I thought I owned a multimeter but couldn't find it yesterday. I'm going to pick up a new one today and test this.

-Dylan