Some absolute sod in the UK has stolen my card number. I've had a few transactions already for stuff in the UK and I'm not impressed to say the least. Nearly all of the stuff I buy online is with a different credit card so I don't think it's internet purchases but more likely some bastard at a shop or restaurant.

I telephoned Barclays just now at 1am and the very helpful woman told me that as I hadn't actually lost or had my card stolen then I'd have to call back at 7am to query the transactions. Not exactly a brilliant idea IMO! I called again and managed to get somebody else to put a block onto my card. It's lucky that I decided to check my online banking statement today otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it for weeks probably.

As it's a debit card as well it means they're actually spending my money! It's going to be a lot of hassle to get this back now. So far they've bought an adult subscription to some personals/dating site, 2x £30 topups for an O2 prepay phone and £225 for something I can't work out as it's a paypal style site. It's a bit of a hint that it's not me as I don't even have a O2 phone. Hopefully there isn't anything else which hasn't gone through yet

Bah. What a way to end a friday night