Hi

I'm using the Mark Lord web interface to stream to my notebook, which I'm then in turn using to stream to a Shoutcast server. Occationally, my ID3 info being sent to the sever will display "[Buffering 35%]http://MY IP etc..." Or it will show "[Connecting] blah blah". So there is a little delay between when Winamp tells the server "here's the new song coming up" and when it gets the song going via the empeg stream.

I've reduced the buffer size in Winamp from 5000ms or whatever the default is to 2000ms to try to reduce the chance of the buffering message getting displayed, but sometimes there is a delay waiting for the drives to spin up.

Currently, I have the empeg in Standby during my shows because I don't want the display on for 3 hours if I'm not using it and I don't want it playing music because then the player ap and Winamp will be competeing for disc access.

Is there a way to put the player in "@Work" mode, have @Work put the drives at "spindown=0" and not have the player running? Would putting the player in pause work? If so, what about burning my screen in?

Part of me is thinking about ditching the empeg for this, and just hooking the 200GB upto my firewire port, but it's so much easier to find stuff on the empeg!