Well, myself haven't updated to V3.00 Alpha 5 out of fear of it messing up, I was just noting that you *should*, according to what I've read from other posts ( http://empeg.comms.net/php/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=empeg_general&Number=193898&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0 ), be able to do it at this point with no problems - Since the database is already in the correct format.

Some things I did notice however, as I was testing out my beloved crossfading feature

(And I apoligize if this has already been addressed in Alpha 5 and my fear of upgrading is having me list potential bugs that have been squashed) Here is the list:

-Yes, mine locked up once or twice as well

-When fast-forwarding (possibliy rewinding too?) the empeg sometimes kind of, "freaks out" and thinks, for a while... At times, it appeared to be so deep in thought, that it locked up.

-Crossfading is sketchy when you switch to a song only a few seconds into the current song you are playing (ie. a song comes up you don't like, so 2-3 seconds later you go to the next track) - for me the song faded out more quickly than it should have (it's set to 5.0s, did it in about 1.5s) and it faded into silence - not the text track. Then, it immidiatly came back up and began fading into the next track like it should have (although this fade was also only approx. 1.5s)

-I can confirm other posts that there is no little "beep" sound when you are choosing menu items - and yes I checked the volume level for the beep.

-It seemed to not remember that I wanted the volume "fixed" at it's current level (I change the volume via my head unit).

-It appears (and I don't know if this was a problem in v2.00, but then again I never noticed it if it was) that if the voltage of the car drops below a certain level (for me, if I'm idling at a stop light) the player's screen goes black, and when it gets enough voltage it does come back up - but not where it left off. The track seems to keep progressing, even though it's not outputting it to the RCAs. I could have sworn that before it would hold the song at it's current position and then continue when voltage was high enough again.

Some other thoughts I had about this lil' project:

-Since the database between v2 and v3 is differant, I'm wondering: are all of us that have upgraded to the v3.00 Alpha 3/5 database structure kind of screwed now? Can we go back down to v2.00 if these Alphas turn out to be too buggy, and if so, how easily / does anyone know the procedure?

I'll list other bugs I come across on this thread - In case anyone is interested.

Other than that - Crossfading kicks much butt