[RANT]
And it continues...
After 10 weeks of waiting I called to check on RMA# 21459...after getting dropped by the phone system twice I got transfer to JR (who work for Replay) who was able to access the database, and who was able to tell me that they have no record of receiving it...I've no idea how I mailed it to them...whether it was regular USPS, tracked or FedEx...so JR open incident # 695356 and transferred me to a manager called Chery who must exist at ext. null...dumped by the phone system again.
AGH!

Called back, CS in India(?) couldn't connect with me with Chery as she was busy, but could connect me with Misty White on a party line...bad party line so Misty said she'd ring me back...24+ hours and no call back.

Again called CS, I'm sorry to whom ever it was who picked up my call but I reamed him real bad, I'm just getting so pissed with hearing that the servers are down, that we'll transfer your call, that they'll call you back. Again I was told someone would call me back...I waited 30 minutes or so.

I gave up on CS and called Corporate at 408-565-7000, I asked to be transferred to Misty White who worked in CS, she said she couldn't transfer me directly to her but she could transfer me to CS....NOOOooooooooooo!!!!. So I explain my story to her, give her the numbers, the dates and so on.
So she transferred me to a director called Lindon @ 541 905 18** (don't see then need to give out his number), who takes my numbers and starts tapping away at his keyboard (strangle enough I'm tapping away at mine IM'ing a friend in .ie about MP3 players and recommending to him the Karma, but to get the extra cheese from Best Buy, am I a fool?), and not finding any record of it showing up in the system, my RMA exists but they never received the unit...same thing JR told me...he keeps tapping away at his keyboard, find an RMA from Milton MA (Hi Milton!) but nothing that matches mine, and nothing in the slush pile (uh, where did this one come from Billy?)...says he is going to ring Texas - but think they might be gone home for the day...asks for my numbers, I give him my desk number at work, and my admin's in case I’m else where. He gives me his, I like this, it makes me think that he will call back.
[/RANT]

Rio has great engineers and great products, but their marketing department and CS department need some work.

At this stage I just need closure, I need to be told that I'm SOL as the unit was lost in the mail, sorry.
At least then I can go buy another one or maybe the same thing from some other maker...who else makes something similar apart from Apple?

Thanks again for letting me rant guys.

PS: I didn't post in the "My empeg is working perfect" (or what ever the title was) thread, but just so every one knows it is. It is working great and keeps me sane as I commute up and down i495 in MA in my VW Golf TDI.