Sorry to see you lost your car Jim.

Thanks. When the alternator went *poof*, I was bummed, but we had some other fun as a result. Dan got to pilot the Baron Von Richtofen's S4 down the Mackenzie River and we got to join the sweep crew in pulling the ill-fated Montero out of the ditch on the Dempster.

We got back to Dawson City and got a new alternator installed in exactly 48 minutes. Not sure I set the Empeg north record, really, as it got to Tuktoyaktuk in somebody else's car. We are definitely signed on for 2008, though, and are lobbying organizer Jerry Hines to go back up the Dempster. Gorgeous.

Oh, and did I say that when you go on the Winter Alcan you *may* get the chance to hear the best cars stereo in the world? Yeah, the kind of car stereo that makes average Joes like me feel not quite adequate....not really a man??? Well, all that psychological shite aside, getting to listen to Doug's rig (and even slide the SHO wagon around around Fairbanks) was completely worth all of the ensuing feelings of inadequacy!

It was a blast. Video snips of dopey Jim driving into the snowbank on the course on Fish lake in Whitehorse up on the web (www.teamd.org/rallys/2004/alcan) "real soon".

Now back to planning for 2008!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.