I have a few questions about the Empeg MkII and what happens during certain situations...

1 - If I am using Emplode and I delete some "tune" by selecting it and hitting the DEL key, is the actual MP3 file removed from the HD on the empeg? If that file is referenced by more than one playlist what happens? If its only referenced in that one playlist what happens? How can I make sure it gets cleanly deleted?

2 - Is there a way to determine if there are any orphan MP3's using up space on the Empeg HD? Is there a need to detect this? Does the Empeg perform any kind of cleanup procedures to locate this files and eliminate them?

3 - If I have a particular "tune", and its ID3 label says the song title is "ABC", by artist "XYZ"... And then I drag and drop another MP3 from my PC onto Emplode that has the same tune and artist names...what happens? Will the MP3 file be replaced by the new one? Will there be duplicates of the same song? What uniquely identifies songs? Is there any kind of "replace" feature with Emplode and sync...or is it always assumed that I'm either deleting by selecting tunes and hitting the delete key...or adding new ones...and if they happen to have the same names in the ID3 tags...then so be it?????

4 - when I update the "tune properties" using emplode...I'm editing what would normally be in the ID3 tag. At least that's where the Empeg gets the information to begin with, but it appears to get stored in the Empeg database as well (stored in both places). So when I edit these values in Emplode and do a sync, do the actual ID3 tags of the actual MP3 files on the Empeg get updated, or is just the Empeg database updated?

5 - Near the end of the sync when the emplode dialog says something like "Updating database", what is happening? is it rebuilding the entire database based upon MP3 file ID3 tags, or what exactly is happening?

Thanks. I know some of these questions may seem funny, but I really need to know. I've been uploading lots of MP3's to my Empeg and updating my ID3 tags in many cases after the fact in Emplode. I would really like to use FTP to download all my final MP3's back to my PC with the new ID3 tag information....

Also, anyone have any good suggestions for good ID3 tag editors that make it easier to cruise through directories where more than one MP3 file has a lot of common info (eg, artist, album, year the same for every song in a folder). ??

Thanks

-steve
[email protected]