Hi.

With some of my tracks, I get problems while playing them on the empeg. Here is whatīs happening at some times (but not always):
During playback, I get a seemingly random mixture of the original sound plus artefacts that range from low pitched "bing" (imagine a high pitched bing (as from hitting two metal pieces (small pipes or something) against each other, than lengthen that sound to about 4 or 5 times its original length, lowering the pitch by the same rate, e.g. get a 5 seconds 200Hz signal out of a 1 second 1000Hz signal) to sharp edges (the same thing you get when turning on/off the empeg while the amp is already on). Sometimes, the empeg reboots and starts playing the same song again, which is a much better behavior than the old 1.0 software that simply crashed (hanging only to be re-vitalized by powercycling). After the reboot, the empeg usually plays the song completely, sometimes even without (audible) artefacts.
WinAmp and lame have no problem whatsoever with the corresponding mp3 files, so I guess itīs a problem with the xaudio engine. Do I remember right that 1.1 is going to use a different decoder engine?
I am able to send one or two of the mp3s in question to anyone that is interested in debugging this / trying to reproduce this behavior.

cu,
sven