Hope you guys can help me with this... My wife and I are travelling to Florida in a couple of weeks, flying into Tampa picking up a hire car and then flying out of Tampa again two weeks later. The only thing we're lacking is any plans on where to go or what to see.

Sadly, our accomodation went completely pear shaped last night, so having spent the day reading web sites and guide books we can get ourselves fired up.

So, please, can anyone suggest must see stuff that could be taken in in a two week round trip from Tampa?

To give you some ideas in what we like/don't like:

We have no interest in visiting Disney or any other parks, unless there's a good counter argument!
Would love to see the National Parks - wildlife, hiking, photography, canoe, kayaking
We're happy to camp, but are there any good camping stores near Tampa to stock up on supplies?
Have been looking at Reserve America for campsites either for tents or cabins.
Having never stayed in a cabin, are the facilities good? I seem to recall that some US empeg meets have been held in cabins.
Are you usually able to just turn up at these places and stay if they have room?
Good seafood and beer is also a must somewhere in the trip.
The Everglades look like it's worth a visit.
Miami holds no interest, although a day on a beach somewhere would be nice.
Looks like there's plenty of decent motels as with other trips I've taken.

Thanks for any ideas you are able to offer...

Phil