If I knew nothing about Linux (and I dont) and I wanted to learn where would be the best resourse to start?

I have tried to install it before. I made it all the way through the setup only to find that I did not know how to make my devices (such as my network card) work under the linux platform.

I am a finanice major, so I am not looking to spend my eintire life writing code, but am not happy with the options exteneded to me under the Windows platform. I am interested in learning the linux platform becasue I have recently started maintaining my own web site and the server runs under unix (which i am under the impression is similar but not identical to linux), and i was hoping to shorten my time maintaining the site by investing the time to learn Linux. Should I be thinking about learning a new platform, or should I just be content with the knowledge I have of windows based products?

Inititally I wanted to host my site on my local computer using the personal server option under XP, but I could not get the address to hit my IP. I exhausted my reseoures attemping to correct the problem and settled for a site hosted by a company, but maintained by me. Initally the site is crap. I know it needs a lot more work, but I am in the middle of deciding what to do first. I have written everything in frontpage becasue I didn't want to spend all day writing a site that I could do in an hour in frontpage. I know that if i switch platforms that I will lose the ability to publish from frontpage (unless i have a dual boot OS).

Bottom line:
1) I have a lot of questions and no idea where to begin.
2) I want to be able to efficently make updates to pages
3) I want to sheild myself as much as possible from attacks (that means not using certian MS products such as outlook)
4) I dont really know what I am talking about.