Does anyone have any advice on which MB Quarts I should go for?

I don't know that I can offer the definitive word on this... but I can tell you my own personal experiences for what that's worth.

In the corners of my dash (at the base of the windshield) I have had four different sets of speakers. The original factory 3.5" speakers were replaced with a pair of Blaupunkts. They were OK, but nothing extraordinary. The Blauies were replaced with a pair of "Crystal" brand speakers my stereo shop had -- one of those "Here, see if you like them" deals. They didn't seem much different from the Blaupunkts. I smoked the Crystals (my own carelessness) trying to maximize SPL for an IASCA competition, so we tried the 4" MB Quart Q-series co-axials in place of the Crystals. The difference was absolutely staggering. My sound stage came up about eight inches higher. The muddiness caused by my mid-range door speakers was gone. Those two 4" speakers came near to overwhelming the rest of the system. In that particular application (4" coaxials in the corners of my dash) I would never consider anything else.

I have other MB Quart speakers (5.25" and 6") that are the lesser quality levels, and they seem OK, but not extraordinary.

Take it for what it's worth, I guess...

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"