Now, now... Don't be too harsh...

Remeber who this is aimed at - people who want the convenience of a cassette tape interface. Anyone using that kind of interface should expect about 90 minutes of music per tape. And they also are probably not expecting the greatest audio quality. They just want a "very quick, very cheap and very dirty" way of getting audio to play on their factory stereo... And if they still have those old cassette to 8-track tape adapters, they can even play their MP3s in the old 8-track deck! (Yes, I will admit I am old enough to have seen these beasts, but I swear - I only looked, I never listened... [For those folks outside the US, this was a very poor political / drug joke])

It is a completely different target audience. (From one extreme to the other...) It serves another niche market. Somehow, though, I can't picture them in heavy use - downloading the tracks onto the memory card involves some MP3 experience. My guess is that they are targeting younger listeners who are too young to own their own cars, don't have the budget for a Rio (let alone an empeg), but want to pop the music into the factory decks of their parents' car.

Paul G.
SN# 090000587 (40GB Green)