I've had this on and off for a half year or so, and pulling the player out and back in has always solved it. I blamed it on cold weather, etc. each time. I've kept the player out of the car almost all winter (it gets 0 and below here) and finally dragged it back out of hiding a few weeks ago.

I can't get anything to happen except for the player to give me this error message. I've gone through the FAQ and tried a few steps - I ordered a new cable from Eutronix and replaced it, a pretty simple matter really (I build PC's). Well, that didn't work. I checked the solder on the section shown in the FAQ pictures and everything appeared to be attached. I tried running it through the serial port and Hyperterminal, and can't seem to connect. I noticed emplode can no longer find the player either, and I don't think I've changed anything since the last time it worked. I'm not sure what version of hijack or anything I'm on, but it's a year old or so.

At this point I'm stumped. I've got so much going on right now that if I try troubleshooting it any more it won't get looked at for the next 6 months. Right now I'd like to know:

1) Who do I send it to that can fix it?
2) Roughly what's the cost? (Knowing that can change depending on what's found)

Thanks -