In reply to:

Knob - I received 6 production prototypes yesterday, and they seem to work fine. Before running a thousand units I'd like to continue testing. To help with this I would like to send new knobs to two volunteers from our clientbase. If you want to help out, please email me, provided you meet the following criteria:

- Your current knob worked OK at first, but has since started to slip (no dirty jokes please!)
- You are confident to remove and reattach the front panel
- You don't mind having an ugly white knob for a while (the final knobs will, of course, be grey)
- Your player will get some testing in the conditions which caused the problem (probably in-car, hot climate)

I will choose two people from the volunteers at random, and courier over knobs immediately.

Any user feedback on these new knobs? How are the tests going.

My empeg now has this problem and I'm tossing up weather to Loctite (not a glue!) the current knob on or just wait for the new one. It's not a major problem, just would be nice to hear from the users testing the prototype.

I hadn't had any problems with slipping until about a week ago. At first the knob only slipped when the unit had been on for an hour or two but now it slips all the time.

Rod