I just bought myself a nice, new, 2004 Corolla Sport (With the sport package, of course )....but I'm finding the sound isn't all that great, so I want to redo it.

My idea is this -> pull out the innards of the upper carrying area (if you don't know what I mean, check here - I'm talking about the top handle there that opens up to an open area about the size of a deck) and place a deck there, keeping the door on and usable, and then keep the stock deck in and powered so it looks stock (and nothing will get stolen from my car)

Other than that, I just want to replace the 6 speakers that are in there and have it sound pretty good. I'm probably going to spend somewhere in the range of 800-1000 (CDN), I don't really want to go over 1000 (869 before taxes). I'm not going to include a sub or a mono amp to power one right now, that might be a project for later.

on to what I need/want

I need a set of 6.5" speakers for the front. I'd really like it if I could get speakers that come with the crossover and seperate tweeter to throw up in the top half of the door (where there are already tweeters there stock); and still have 2 way speakers in the lower portion of the door, but I don't know if that exists or even if it's useful (I'm just noticing right now that there's a real lack of midrange in that car). Otherwise, I just need a set of component 6.5" with some sort of crossover.

I also need a set of 6x9 speakers for the rear. 3 way would be optimal, but with my price range and all, I don't know what I can afford and such.

I need an amp for this all. I was thinking probably 100x4 watts, unless someone can really talk me into anything more.

And, the piece de resistance, I need a deck to power all this stuff. I have a bit of an agenda when it comes to a deck, so bear with me. I'll list the things I need in a deck in order of importance - from most to least.

-QUALITY. I don't want something that's gonna break 6 months, a year, or even 2 years down the road. I want something to last.
-Flat-ish face so that I can close the door I pointed out earlier
-Aux in capability - front or rear it doesn't matter, but rear can look cleaner
-rotary volume control - iunno, I like having something I can spin to control volume.
-CD Text capability
-Not one of those Alpine decks. I have nothing against Alpine as a company, I just think their decks are the ugliest things I've ever seen

I'd really appreciate some help here from someone...anyone...lol
So far from where I've been I have this

these for $300 (I think it was those, they looked the same....and I'm pretty sure he quoted me 300....)
these for $200 (Again, I'm pretty sure those were the ones)
And a Blaupunkt 4x100 or 2x200 watt amp that I can't find on their web site for $160
Which brings me to $660 and needing a deck for about $200 - I haven't found a deck that really stuck out to me like "THATS THE ONE I WANT" sorta thing...
I'm not even sure if I want those speakers, they're just what the guy at the audio shop pulled out when I told him what I wanted. The 6x9s are only 2 way, so I'd like to go up to 3 way, but I'd also like to have all my speakers from the same line if at all possible....just me being picky though.

Please, anybody, everybody, tell me your experiences, what you suggest, don't suggest, anything.

I'm new with this car audio thing...I just know what kind of sound I like, and what I want my car to sound like. I'd like to not do any cutting (outside of that bracket thing on the door panels that I read about)....so stock sizes would be great...

Thanks for anything and everything.