Last night I got my nerve up and installed the LED kit from Eutronix. I did it without a magnifying glass but I am not sure how I did it. For the most part everything worked just fine. When I tested the board for the shaft LEDs off the empeg it worked fine. When I put it on it worked and did not work depending on how I pushed it around.

I finally realized that the problem was that I had a little bit of solder from one of the LEDs that was touching the hole, or ring, or circle that goes down over the shaft. After I removed the offending solder all of the LEDs worked as advertised.

I just have one small problem, the display is now rather dim. I think I probably smoked a fuse somewhere in the trouble shooting process.

I have looked in the FAQ and at the fuse replacement web page. Both mention the fact that there are multiple fuses and to make sure to check them all. What I have not been able to find is an overview of all the fuses and where they are located. Does such a rosetta stone exist? Have I simply overlooked it?

Aside from that the only real problem is that the LEDs only look good until I reassemble the player. My stock buttons and knobs of course hide all of the light. I am however optimistic that I will either make or buy some translucent buttons. I have never falied yet when it comes to molding translucent plastic. Of course I have not tried yet either, but I am not going to let that stop me.