I think the big issue is that it's just...annoying. It's annoying to see a company like Apple pimping their product like a $20 hooker on sale for $2 and having it work so damned well. I mean if you really think about it, it's pretty rare that you see a whole lot of advertising for most mp3 players. Rio doesn't need more advertising; the product sells itself because it's that damn good. They do, however, need a better production/supply and they need better distribution contracts. Right now you can find an iPod damn near anywhere; Creative's are really easy to find too. Rio's, specifically Karma's, are a lot more difficult to find (unless this is purely an issue in Canada and I'm blowing steam out my ass) because in every store I've looked I've only ever found them in Best Buy. I can find a Nomad Junkbox in any one of 20 stores; but a Karma I have to go to one specific store, settle for their price on it, and live with it. Makes it a bit harder to bite down on. They do, also, need to get some in-store advertising going. TV and print ads are all well and good, but if it's sitting out there on a display that people can touch and try they're going to be more inclined to not only look harder at it but to end up buying it too...

Rio has one thing right, damn good products (with the exception of some very shoddy workmanship on my godforsaken dock). They just have a couple of things not so right :-p