Well, they fixed the problem. The store manager this morning was much more accomodating then the guy I talked to last night. The installer who actually troubleshot it wasn't there yet when I dropped off my car and was gone by the time I picked it up. So, I didn't really find out exactly what was wrong. I'm pretty sure they just reconnected everything and it was fine.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. It was helpful to me to go in there with some good information and basically be able to tell them what they need to check. The guy who called me the first day basically gave me two options: take it as is or buy a new head unit. I found that pretty rude. Luckily I had my power cord with me and could prove on the spot that it wasn't the head unit.

Thanks again! The couple of weeks in the new car without the empeg was a real let-down. I've grown pretty accustomed to being able to listen to any song that happens to pop in my head. Now all I need to do is put 400 more miles on the WRX to get through the break-in period and I'm all set!

Bill