> "I don't need two stereos. I only need the empeg and an amp. (And a dash kit)."

It's odd, I still listen to the radio at least 50% of my driving time (my local university radiostation plays great uninterrupted classical music for my morning commute). And it's nice to have radio (and CD, which I never use) on a second unit so I can leave the empeg at home when I can't protect it at my destination. Haha, maybe I should just invest in one of those in-car bomb proof safe boxes to secure the empeg when I can't take it with me. It'd solve everything.

Haha, maybe I could get a tuner on the empeg for everyday radio use, THEN a backup AM/FM/CD in the glovebox for when I want to be secure and leave the empeg at home, but still have music.......

Or, Paul's slimline CD player idea? I wonder if there IS a 1/2 DIN AM/FM/CD. It might sound like junk, but it would fulfill the design goal.

That, or just get out the chainsaw and hack the dashboard to bits, which would make it tough to have a fake stock faceplate to cover up when I'm out of the car. Hm..... Thanks for the ideas.