I know that this is a subject that has been round the block a few times, but it only just landed on my doorstep! I’ve been largely fitting my own in-car kit for approaching 40 years now, so I thought I knew just about everything.

Before posting, I checked the faq and its links, in great detail.

Since I first received it up until last Monday, the Empeg worked faultlessly in my MGF, when I got back from holiday then, and put it in to go to work, it had a pronounced buzz and whine.

Reasoning that it worked fine in the other dock, and in Mark’s excellent home docking station, I concentrated on the car and its fitting. The obvious conclusion being that a wire had come loose. Given the shortage of space behind the dash, it wouldn’t be surprising for something to snag.

I’ve checked through every wire to the best of my ability and can’t find anything astray.
I checked with a multi-meter to see if there were any obvious ground loops. I removed the harness, cleaned up both the plug and socket with contact cleaner and checked visually that each wire in the harness was connected.

In desperation, I tried disconnecting the tuner, the aux input, the Sony remote stalk: No joy. So, I took it to my pals at the best auto fitting centre in town, who kindly, as they had not done the installation, checked it all over for me.

So, I’m just hoping someone out there has had a similar experience, or can point me in a direction????