I tend to live in old rented houses so took the plunge and went wireless a while back. I was concerned about data speeds and also range, but am very happy with the solution I went for. I went for the Lucent ORiNOCO RG-1000 Residential Gateway Startup Kit. This gives you a box ( small ) that has a build in 56k modem. Plug it into you phone line, pop the included PCMCIA Wireless card in Laptop and configure the Gateway with ISP details. You now have a Wireless network with the Gateway doing DHCP sever, NAT and Dial on demand. The Gateway can also plug into Ethernet HUB and offer DHCP server to the wired network and also routing between wireless and wired. Works fine. Cost was around 250ukp+Vat I believe. I also added a Lucent Ethernet adapter so that I can plug my Empeg into a wireless adapter ( guess you would need to do the same for the RioReciever ). So have had the Empeg sat in the Car and been able to communicate with it for PC's in the house network. The adapter is a little pricey at around 150+vat plus you need a PCMCIA Wireless adapter ( 100ukp ??? ).

- --
Rod, UK Mk2 64gig Red S/No.341 Empeg Looking to add a DELL Reciever