I guess I didn't explain my intentions clearly. I'm not interested in distributing my music ala shoutcast style via the internet. Or make my mp3 collection universally accessible to anyone with a Rio Receiver (as difficult as that might be).

I believe there are cases when it would be convenient to have access to your mp3 collection via the Rio Receiver away from you home LAN. For example, I work in two different laboratories and it would be great to be able to have a Rio Receiver at both places and access my mp3s without resorting to mirroring GBs of data. One computer in the lab has a sound card with poor audio quality and the other has no sound card. In any case I would prefer to listen to my music through the Rio Receiver. One UI for all my music anywhere at any place would be the way to go in my opinion.

Another example would be to be able to bring my Rio Receiver to a party (with requisite network connectivity) and plug it into the house stereo. Bang. You have an inexhaustible program of music that you are familiar with. Yes, there is strong possibilities of abuse, but I was just wondering if this was possible (being naive of the networking details).

Hey, I love my Rio Receiver. I want one available anywhere and everywhere. :)