In reply to:

Since the Receiver will categorize your artists/albums without playlists, you might want to just delete all playlists.

*sigh* I wish. Like most MP3 jukeboxes (whether software or hardware), the Receiver is designed more for playing individual songs instead of albums.

There is no default hierarchy of Artist->Album->Songs. Starting with Artist gives me an list of all the songs from that artist. If I start with Album I get a massive list of all albums in alphabetical order. I often don't remember the name of an album but would recognize it in a short list.

The only decent solution I know of was posted in this forum. I run a little program that generates playlists from my file hierarchy named Artist-Album. This gives me the sorting I want in the Receiver. But this is a not an optimal solution either because the display doesn't show enough characters. And the list is huge. A hierarchy would be much more desirable.

Obviously I must organize/play my MP3 collection differently than most people because nothing out there works the way I want it to. I have this same gripe with the car player. I really don't want to have to manually maintain Artist->Album playlists when the player could do it so easily for me.

-Dylan