Biscuitsjam:

I posted the links and then read the reviews after.. I noticed many of the same errors in his review, but at least he said "I use this thing every day."

The one thing that got me was that he was talking about Audiophile type needs but said he encoded his files at 128kps! But, in his defense, his collection was ripped to support a portable player.

The argument that the receiver should have had speakers is short sighted I think. While I do agree that Rio could benefit from a unit that is truely plug-and-play (one network connection and one power connection), adding this to the Reciever would have not only have added to the cost, it would have also add to the size. Besides, Bose has been designing speakers for decades - most likely a speaker set-up designed into this thing wouldn't sound too good.

His comment about network traffic seemed odd too... I remember reading somewhere that someone set up a batch file that had a bunch of simutaneus transfers of large files over a small LAN and the Reciever never skipped.

USB = 1 foot?!!? Maybe the only USB items he owns shipped with a 1 foot cable or something... Funny for a computer guy to think that! I thought it was a typo at first, but he goes on about it for awhile.

Finally, commercials on TV are not louder as far as peek output is concerned. They are compressed with higher average output. I know this isn't news to anyone here, so I will stop.

Maybe we could write an email to this guy pointing out a few corrections while also thanking him for a fair review? I think he'd receive it kindly. The review was only posted a month or so ago, maybe he doesn't even know about this board!