Just updating the pics of my install. The Orinoc Ethernet Converter wasn't working right through that hub. In reality only one device can connect through that thing. So, I had to put my gateway router in the stereo cabinet. I need more than one port in my stereo cabinet because of the Rio Receiver future considerations for a TurboNet adapter. Now that my only wired ports in the house are in my stereo cabinet, I sync my empeg from there as well.

I chose on top of my fridge for placement of my MP3 server because my fridge makes enough noise that the computer noise wouldn't be noticed. The closet would have also been a good choice if there was an easy way of getting a grounded outlet in there.

I put the wireless NIC next to the server so it wouldn't block the cabinets above from opening. The machine is a Celeron 466 with a 60GB drive running Windows2000. The only wires used are a power cord and USB cable for the NIC. I use VNC if I have to do anything on it.

Here's the updated picture of the stereo cabinet. My SMC router is in there instead of the Orinoco EC.

Here it is from a different angle.