Quote:
My Central is on a fixed 192.168.1.110 address. Are you saying that if I turned DHCP "Off" on my network, that the Central would give my Receiver a 192.168.1.xxx address?

If you enable DHCP serving on the Central, yes. I can't remember exactly where in the networking menus that is. Note that the DHCP server in the Central is deliberately nobbled so that it only hands out addresses to Receivers, not to any other clients.

If I understand what you're trying to do, the way forward is this: set the Magnia up to offer IP addresses in a certain range: say, 192.168.1.{100-150}. Give the Central a static IP not in that range, say 192.168.1.151. Then tell the Central to serve out addresses in a separate range, say 192.168.1.{200-250}. Ensure that your netmasks are all 255.255.255.0.

This means that when a Receiver boots and both the Magnia and the Central are up, there'll be a fight over who gives it the IP address, but it doesn't matter who wins, as either server will give it an address on which it can talk to both servers (the Central will give it the wrong default gateway, but Receivers never talk outside their local network anyway). When a Receiver boots and the Central is up but the Magnia isn't, the Central will give it a perfectly fine address. When any other gizmo that's not a Receiver boots, the Magnia needs to be up for it to get an IP address.

If that isn't the behaviour you want, you'll need to be more specific about what you're after.

Peter