I am a happy owner of one Audiotron, with the digital out attached to my home stereo, and multiple Rios spread throughout my house. I like the Audiotron in concept for the same reasons listed here (stereo component width and feel, larger display, optical out), but there are some glaring issues with the AT, maybe based on their choice of a WinCE OS. If you use HPNA, forget about the Audiotron. Turtle Beach sponsers a great user forum, and this has been a topic of frustration and debate for 18+ months. I use HPNA with the Rio no problem, but had to convert my living room to Ethernet just to make the AT work. Discovering songs can be a laborous process with the AT, as it goes through a search of all hosts and the songs on each of those hosts prior to being available (this only happens upon a hard power-down, blackout, or crash of the unit)

The Turtle Radio feature is something I didn't use in the first few months of the AT, but now I'm addicted. There are about 100 pre-programmed stations from all over the world, and any WMA streaming radiostation can be uploaded and served by the device. Only downside is with most stereo receivers you need an analog connection for the lower bitrates of streaming media, but it's still better sounding than my antenna reception. My receiver defaults to the digital connection for the MP3's and any 44khz radio streams, and steps down to analog only if it doesn't get a digital signal, so once set up, this was no problem for me.

The AT also allows you to set up playlists on the fly, selecting and adding albums, tracks, artists, songs, genre's to a custom playlist. And many of the users over there use the open API to really soup-up the player with IPAQ's, home automation, etc...

Bottom line - the Rio is elegant in its simplicity, set it and forget it. I've run it for weeks over HPNA without failure. The AT has a couple of nice bells and whistles but it is more expensive, is more prone to crashing, and is victim of its increased complexity