When I finally finish writing (on my own time) my replacement Rio server...

I really have only one wish for the Rio Receiver right now, and unfortunately, it would need to be a combination client/server code change. It would also have to be implemented server-side on the Jupiter, because that's the server I'm using.

It's the simple feature of saving the receiver's settings across a power loss. We lose electricty here, briefly, several times a month. Each time, I have to fiddle with the receiver to reset the bass and treble, turn on shuffle/repeat, and select a playlist. This sounds simple, except for the fact that I don't always know the power has screwed up the receiver when I just want to turn it on and listen to it. The times when this happens, I'm either at the dining room table in the middle of a meal, or I'm in the hot tub, and I'm using the remote. So having to get up, walk to the receiver, and peer at the display to reset it is a Big Deal in those situations.

If it weren't for that little problem, the receiver would be essentially a zero maintenance music player, a true "appliance". As it stands right now, that problem makes it continue to be a fiddly little computer-type gadget that "crashes" sometimes, instead of an appliance.