Paul,

I've been testing Alpha 2 and having a wonderful time with it. I've even switched back and forth with using ARM and JREC... Mostly because there is a new version of JREC that fixed the bug in file naming of non ASCII characters... But the playlist support is still a little buggy so I switch backed to the ARM version...

The only items I've seen of any issue would be the XML file. The LISTEN to and RADIO sections didn't seem to like me cutting and pasting my old XML code into your new one. The radio streaming would give me an error as if the link wasn't good (but it is...) Your 4 radio examples worked fine though...

Next item was the LISTEN to. It wouldn't show up correctly until I simply replaced my XML file with yours... And reconfigured the names of the players. After that... It found all three of my players.

I still once in a while get some skipping on files over HPNA... but it's rare and not always repeatable. Sometimes it happens when all three are sync'd... but for now I'm not worried.

One little bug I've seen is the display not updating. Music will start but the icon remains grayed out and the time doesn't progress. Switching to the next song in the play list gets things working again.

Also - I'm not sure if this was in the docs (probably was...) but I kind of liked the ability to start playing music my simply holding down the play button when you're queuing music up... Instead of now having to exit exit exit from the queue list and then hit play.

I've also seen really long wait times when using JREC when doing a "select all" on the queue list. I have some 9,000 songs and it can take a good minute before I get anything back... And when it does come back, only 2,500 are listed (perhaps a JREC maximum...)

The last item I've seen (and I saw this with version 0.1.2) is that if the players are left on for awhile and I unplug the units. Plugging them back in to start playing requires me to restart tRio. The Rio remains at the initializing screen and you can see "Unit trying to connect" on your tRio command window... but it never connects. I'll see if I can get some output from that screen to show you... no big deal really. Just have to log into the server and restart tRio.

That's about it so far... A lot of great enhancements! And I didn't forget about those samples screens for you either!

I was curious about something though... (And I'll probably play with this soon) - On the screen layouts... Is it possible to simply have a very large text that scrolls the artist and song title that fills the entire screen?

Enjoy!
Dave