Adam,

What you need is an NFS file system, short for Network FileSystem. Not to be confused with NTFS which is the MS proprietary file system.

And to further answer your question, I don't think anyone has yet been sucessful with this from a windows rig. I've been playing with it for a few weeks, I'll put my expereince below and you can grow from it, or try another route...

1. Step one - I needed to get an NFS server running on my windows 2000 server. I discovered something called Services for Unix put out by MS. This indeed loaded a NFS server on my machine.

2. I created the tftpboot directory on the root of my drive, and then I put a folder in that with the IP addy of my rio. Then I (right click) created an NFS share on the tftpboot folder, and wiggled all the bits to make it available to anonymous users.

Testing from another machine, I was able to mount the desired path.

3. Extract the receiver.arf file into the ip address folder. I used the MS SFU tar command, but it failed to unpack the DEV branch of the .arf. I tried a few free apps to unpack it as well including WinZip, and they all failed in one way or another...

But I had a bunch of folders and files in there, so I upacked the rio driver over it (praying it would make things better). I reconfigured Jetty to run the RIO driver, and restarted Jreceiver....

According the Jetty log, Jreceiver was up and running, the Rio war had unpacked, and was waiting for a Rio client to kiss it. I started the Rio device, and after a few moments it reported finding a music server. But that was it.

So...It looks like it might be possible with a bit more time and energy, and maybe a linux box to unpack the .arf and copy it into the NFS mount point. The real problem is you have to pay cash for the Windows NFS server. I'm throwing in the towel myself - a buddy is giving me an old P2 300 to run linux on, and that will run as my music server.

TinnedFish (bruce)