Alright, i've had this Dell receiver for a couple of years now, and i've probably used it a total of 10 times because it's either not finding the server, or any other myriad of problems it always has. The stock software is bunk since it can't handle 1/4 of the songs i have on my server, and i'd have to create m3us in ever directory just to be able to browse by album (yes i know there are tools for this, but i don't want to do it for cleanliness sake). The user created server software is getting better, but i just don't have time to keep futzing around with new versions to get things to work... i just want to come home and press a button and hear music, period.

So i've been wanting a slimp3 player (http://www.slimp3.com) since the guy first built the batch in his garage, but the cost was prohibitive. At this point, i'm willing to pay it to have a home mp3 player that works (and yes, i have a spare empeg so i could use that... but that puppy's going in storage =] ). Can anyone tell me any advantages the Rio Reciever has over the Slimp3 player?

Ever since i saw a buddy of mine's slimp3 that he'd hooked up to a huge LED sign in his garage so it showed the songs and album titles (slick) i can't stop thinking about it. I've pretty much talked myself into one, just doing a sanity check. Thanks!