I'm spoiled by CharcoalGray99's XML web interface for the Empeg Car. It allows me to connect to a web address which shows a nice table of all the playlists on the Empeg Car, and it gives me the option to either download or stream the files from the player.

I'd like to do the same for the Rio Central.

I know that there's no web server per se built into the Rio Central, at least not one like the one found in Mark Lord's Hijack kernel. So I'd be happy to implement it on the client-side somehow, using web pages that I can copy to the computers in my house and then create a shortcut to. That way, my wife, daughter and I could stream songs off of the Rio Central from where we're sitting.

Obviously I'd like it to retrieve the track listings dynamically, instead of just making static links to every song and playlist.

Based on Roger's Instructions, this should be do-able in any one of several ways. I think I could probably implement it in Visual Basic pretty quickly. But it would be interesting to see if there's some sort of XML/HTML way of doing it on the client side. That way whatever I implement wouldn't be limited to just Windows users.

Does anyone have any idea if it can be done that way, and where I would start?