This email is primarily for pauln.

First, Trio is awesome.

Second, check out a new product called Roku (www.rokulabs.com). There is a nice discussion group for the product at the avsforum (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=304831&highlight=roku).

Roku is a multimedia networking device intended to play movies, music and photos over a ntwork. The catches are (1) it is built from the ground up for hi-def and (2) the company is from the same guy that invented the ReplayTV. One interesting aspect of the device is that (forgive me as I am mot a programmer-type), it runs on an open-linux system and the company encourages development. The product is brand new (first few went out last week).

It appears that one of the features that is lacking is a robust MP3/music playing ability. Now I'm no expert, but I would guess that the Trio code may be pretty portable and could be used to connect the Roku to jreceiver to offer the same functionality as under the rio: (1) on screen selection of tunes and (2) web-based control of the uit for music purposes.

Paul, I think you should look into it. Heck, you could charge for the trio functionality I would guess. I'd buy it.

Hope this is useful.

CJL