DANG! I wish... I tried I tried I tried all day yesterday. Thinking my software setup was hosed, I re-installed JReceiver (0.2.5), Jetty (4.2.15), JRE (1.4.2-03-b02). I even took my Seimens router off-line and tried just using my switch (but can't really have a network without a router, so that didn't work). So I have a spare Toshiba WRC-1000 wireless router, and popped that in there - thinking the router was killing the multicast - no dice. Even took out my Gigabit switch thinking it might be interfering. I tried increasing the TTL to 3 once, but maybe that was useless - will increase it to 32,64,128, and 255 as a test...

Any way to use a sniffer to see what's going on with the traffic? I'm not too familiar with Etherreal or other tools to know how to use it off the bat.

For now, I've gotten Unicast to work on all 3 units - obviously killing syncing. Any way to get syncing working in Unicast mode? I can see it would be off by a few milliseconds if you just rebroadcast the same packets to 3 units, but it might be a workaround for those of us (I can't be the only one!). Might be similar to what Slimdevices is going to use for syncing up PC's with the Slimp3's.

Thanks for the help! I actually had a Rio 2 years ago (?), and sold it for another hard-drive based unit. Got rid of it, and picked up the 3 Rio's when I saw the activity on Trio, and sticker shock on Slimp3. :-)

-Dan
PS: Having volume control on line-out is AWESOME!!! :-)