Hello all,

I am new to this forum and relatively new to the Rio/Dell DAR. I just recently purchased one on eBay (the Dell version), and have been trying to learn as much as possible from sites such as this one. I have done some exhaustive searches, and have read a bunch of threads, and I think I am ready to take the plunge beyond the built-in features of the DAR.

My goal is simple. I have ripped my CD library to MP3 files, and have all of them stored on a spare PC that is only used as a media server. (essentially the PC is running a Win2K clean install, MusicMatch and has the MP3 files on it. All I want to do is play the MP3 files and associated playlists, and internet streaming radio. I know that with the native functions of the DAR, the MP3's and playlists are a done deal, so I am really looking for the best 3rd-party solution to add internet radio streaming.

I would like to preserve as much of the original functionality of the DAR, and just add the radio streaming. It seems that the JRec/Trio combo is the most popular, but I have looked at all of the alternatives. So, I ask all of you out there:

What is the best choice for me to add the radio streaming, given my harware and OS configuration? Is there a good source for installation/configuration information for the solutions available? Is anyone else doing what I'm trying to do, and if so, how so?

Thanks in advance for your help!
PalDoc