I suspect there is just something I am not getting wrt tRio and JRec. Is there a picture somewhere of the interactions between the Rio (riot), tRio and JRec?

Reading the install instructions it seems that tRio is/has a server. But so is/does JRec. I have to configure a "trio" JRec user so it seems there is some interaction. What are the two servers doing? What operations do I do in tRio and what in JRec?

The install instructions hint that tRio is best run on Windows. But JRec is running on Linux. Of course they dont have to be colocated but wouldn't it be natural to have the servers together? The talk about X11 etc when running on Linux implies that the tRio server and the GUI are integrated. Is that an accurate view?

What I really want is a music server running on a box in the closet (no GUI) that serves up FLAC files to 3 Rio devices which can play FLAC files. It would be cool if I could control the devices from random PCs around the house.

On the surface tRio looks like exactly what I am after but it seems I may be barking up the wrong tree?

Help/advice most appreciated...