Interesting news...I re-downloaded the "corrupted" file from the Rio website again, even though the date is still the same and there is no indication that it is fixed.

The Good News is that the file has been replaced. I can now unzip the file, even though I do get a PKUNZIP error at the very end. I knew something was different because the file size after unzipping was larger than the .zip file, whereas before it had stalled out at 200 and some MB. I have several hard drives with music and OS installed for the Central, so even though I've upgrade some of them with the non-CDDB version that was already available, I did have a couple of hard drives that were "Virgin" and had never been upgraded. So I burned the new ISO image to a CD and was able to successfully install the update to one of my two Central units.

The Bad News: After all this waiting to get this corrupted file fixed and burning it to a CD to look at the files, the CDDB files are exactly the same as the original release (from November 2001). Bummer. I have an email in to Gracenote to see if somehow they can supply updated CDDB files, but they haven't answered in weeks.

Second, I discovered a bit of an issue with the software upgrade (both this new CDDB version and also the older non-CDDB version). As I mentioned above, the upgrade went fine on one of my two units. But I couldn't get either upgrade to work on my other unit. I just received a "status" error message and the upgrade wouldn't proceed (all four positions of the rocker switch gave me the "finish" option to quit the upgrade). I tried everything I could think of, different ways to install (from the menu, rebooting, etc.) with the same results.

Not sure why that is, but at least the file on the website was upgraded....

Anyone else try this software and had any luck? Thanks,

Randy