This has been bugging me since the new software went up. I was hoping it was a fluke or it was something that could be solved by logging out and clearing my cache, but it hasn't cleared up.

When I log into the BBS and read messages, it often doesn't mark the messages as "read" and continues to show me the little orange "(1)" in the parent views and also shows the message as unread (highlighted bar) when I go back in and read it a second time.

This happens pretty much every day, there are at least two or three messages that I have to go in and read 2-3 times before the BBS is convinced that I've actually read them.

This seems to happen equally whether I'm on broadband or dialup.

Potentially related additional problem:

When I am reading the BBS from a dial up connection, if I choose to open multiple windows (say, a window for Off Topic, a window for General, a window for Technical, an additional sub-windows for individual posts within those forums), and each of those is downloading simultaneously, they will frequently *all* stall out with only about half of the data stream loaded. I have to hit "stop" and "refresh" on each one in order for it to get all of the thread.

This does not happen on broadband. It also did not happen on either broadband or dialup when the old BBS software was installed.