This is more or less my impression. I am glad someone has had some success: it's a damn nice feature.

My current impressions - I am sure (and to be honest, having spend some serious pub time with John G) that there is a definite bass bias. and hell! I like it that way!

The change to the sound is not incredible, but definite and a great improvement. I have a lot more vocal clarity and more definite bass. I have had to wind down the initial +9 dB bass boost somewhat, but overall, I would rate the improvement in sound in my car at 100% over most driving conditions. One notiveable side effect: I don't keep turning the volume up and down so much. I can pretty much set the volume level and leave it alone without having to rely on HiJack's excellent compensation tools.

On balance: worth persisting with if you take the trouble to do your preparation properly first. Thumbs up for the biggest single change in empeg player functionality in a long time. Don't forget Peter's incredible 16 bit character set support is also way up there, but seems to have been forgotten in the immediate excitement of AEQ - but it is just as welcome.

But I have a question for you lot. What's the future of software releases going to be like now that Rob has departed? What is going to be available for next year's empeg meet?

I will confess to a serious worry at this point. Your opinions?
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015